Behaviour Change in 9412:
- SD-70724 : Actionable items in the Admin module are moved to the left side.
- SD-70728 : ‘Add new form’ in business rule, SLA, custom filter has a revamped UI.
- SD-71104 : Community tab is hidden for technicians (non-admins).
- SD-71646 : Item price is mandated in purchase requests.
- SD-56821 : Links displayed for Project Title, Tasks, Milestones in the Associate Project pop-up in requests are removed.
- SD-71027 : “More Fields” button is removed in the New project form.
New features in 9412:
Privacy settings enhancement:
- Encryption At Rest for sensitive data: Option to encrypt the confidential information collected in Incident/Service Additional Fields. Single or Multi-line and Pick List fields can be encrypted. Click here to know more.
- Password protected backup data: The application backup is now protected with a password. The password is required to open the backup file / restore it. This password can be changed in the Admin-> Backup schedule page. click Edit Scheduling and input the backup password to change the backup password.
- Anonymize deleted users: Option to anonymize deleted users from the Requesters list. Click here to know more.
- Limitation :
Reports, advanced search, custom filters will not display any of the encrypted fields.
The MasterKey password cannot include non-English characters.
- SDF-71766 : Password Manager Pro Integration: Option to remotely access privileged accounts in target machines (or resources) from within ServiceDesk Plus without account credentials. Find the feature at Admin >> General Settings >> ME Integrations. Click here to know more.
- SDF-71759 : Do more with V3 API: Now you can perform the following operations using the V3 API: ADD, UPDATE, GET, GET ALL, DELETE, CLOSE requests. Add Resolution, pickup requests, associate requests, and link requests.
- SDF-21131 , SDF-22400 , SDF-24334 , SDF-61555 : Enhanced Survey – Some of the enhancements include,
- Configure different survey templates for different type of requests.
- Send ad hoc surveys; the survey need not be associated to a request.
- Send surveys periodically; in predefined intervals, such as once after 2 weeks or 4 months.
- Configure different answers for different questions. Find these features at Admin >> User Survey. To learn more about this features. Refer to this.
- SDF-63939 : Custom Scripts in BR: Option to invoke custom scripts in business rules. You can use this to completely abort operations or update field values (like additional field value). Find the feature at Admin >> Organization Details >> Business Rules. Click here to know more.
- SDF-31605 , SDF-62977 , SDF-63517 : Request status is given under business rule criteria.
- SDF-61713 , SDF-61890 , SDF-62294 , SDF-63690 : Business view: Option to view and manage the saved relationship maps of CIs from one place.
Find the feature in CMDB > Business view. Click here to know more.
- SDF-68798 : Chat enhancements: Option to interact easily with fellow technicians using the inbuilt chat. Click here to learn more.
- SDF-65490 : User merge tool : Option to merge duplicate requesters. Find the feature at Admin >> Users >> Requesters. Click here to learn more.
- SDF-65398 : Task custom filter: Option to create custom task filters.
- SDF-51449 : Additional fields for Projects: Capture different types of alphanumeric information about your projects by adding different types of fields
- SDF-71757 : Project Dashboard: Get projects related key information displayed in the dashboards page. Include project related widgets to display key information on the dashboard page. Click here to know more.
- SDF-71758 : Enhanced comments for projects/milestones/tasks: Notify users in comments by using ‘@ mentions’; For e.g., use @John to notify John. Click here to know more.
- SDF-49791 : Global search for projects: Find projects easily by using keywords, and also column fields, such as Priority, Owner, and other column heads in the global search.
- SDF-50361 : Multiple associations between projects and changes: Streamline the change or project process by associating multiple changes to a project and multiple projects to a change. Click here to know more.
- SDF-50266 : Project template creation made easy: Create project templates from already existing projects, saving the redundant effort involved in creating a project template similar to an existing template.
- SDF-55327 : Notifications for comments: Option to have bell icon notifications for comments added on projects.
- SDF-56887 : Option to customize the project list in the project list view.
- SDF-63244 : “Estimated Effort” column included in the custom report for Tasks.
- SDF-23878 :Created time for tasks: Option to view the created time of tasks.
- SDF-63515 : Personalized task filters will remain specific to each module (Homepage, requests, changes, problems, and projects).
- SDF-63674 , SDF-63961 : Purchase order enhancements: Option to create a purchase order for non-asset purchases such as training and services. Find the feature at Admin >> Purchase/Contract Management >> Vendor Services. Click here to know more.
- SDF-28658 : Resource state enhancements – Option to add custom asset state with the ability to enable/disable scan for assets in those states. Option to enable ownership for assets in these custom states. Find the feature at Admin >> Asset Management >> Asset State. Click here to know more.
- SDF-70727 : Collapsible tabs introduced in header and sub-header of the application to avoid unnecessary scrolling.
- SDF-71169 : Support for ‘Lithuanian’ language in ServiceDesk Plus.
- SDF-70397 : Support for ‘Greek’ language in ServiceDesk Plus.
- SDF-70722 : Community page inside the application sports a new look.
Issue Fixed in 9412
- SD-66006 : Vulnerability in the storage of private key for scanning Linux devices is fixed.
- SD-67623 : Insecure storage of passwords in credential library.
- SD-65170 : Business Rule’s ‘description’ criteria such as “ends with” and ” contains” does not work for requests with description size greater than the one configured in GlobalConfig DESCPSIZE. This issue occurs in requests added or updated through mail.
- SD-70875 : Unable to save new content in scribble pad. An internal error also occurs while trying to close the scribble pad.
- SD-22280 : When a ROBO Template is invoked through API, it does not perform the password reset function automatically. This issue is fixed in V3 API.
- SD-24532 :Null pointer exception occurs while trying to open a survey without any answers.
- SD-46249 : When a user submits a survey but fails to close the confirmation message and hits the back button, the user is not able to submit the survey the second time. A null pointer exception is thrown.
- SD-56821 : On clicking Associate Project Button, the links for Project Title, Tasks, Milestones are present in the pop-up.
- SD-61872 : Unable to save a password with special characters in credentials library.
- SD-67496 : Chat module : Technician online/offline status is not considered when a chat is initiated to a technician.
- SD-70325 : In /ProjectAction.do URL, the parameter ‘form’ is passed twice.
- SD-70380 : Technician with request and project edit permission is unable to detach an associated project from a request.
- SD-70600 : Private / Public filter icon is not displayed in the custom filters list view.
- SD-71029 : After 9409, AD import doesn’t start if more than 300 OU’s are selected.
- SD-71351 : Unable to access the technician availability chart and calendar from ‘Quick Actions’ menu.
- SD-71713: With Zoho reports integrated, the application fails to start when internet connectivity is disabled.
Other recent articles in the same category
6 July 2020
18 June 2020
17 June 2020
17 June 2020
16 June 2020
You may be interested in these other recent articles
18 February 2022 | Joshua Ball
Watch webinars on demand and listen to podcasts at your convenience. ManageEngine has launched their IAM and Cybersecurity on-demand events hub, a one-stop shop for on-demand webinars and podcasts. At the on-demand events hub, you’ll find: Carefully curated on-demand webinars from seven unique categories. Over 40 podcast episodes (and counting) on IAM and cybersecurity from three different podcast shows. The webinars and podcasts are regularly updated, so watch this space to ensure you don’t miss out on the latest episodes! Sign up today by clicking here. To find out more…Read more
ManageEngine positioned in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for ITSM Tools for the second consecutive year
8 September 2021 | Nigel Arnold
The 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for IT Service Management Tools is out, and ManageEngine has been included in this year’s report. This is the second…Read more