Features & Enhancements
New system role with privacy administration privileges
From 9701 onwards, a new system role named “Privileged Administrators” will be available in Password Manager Pro. A privileged administrator will have the same capabilities as an administrator. Besides, they’ll also have the privilege to configure privacy and security controls available under Privacy Settings, IP Restrictions, and Emergency Measures in the Admin tab.
Major Bug Fixes
- In versions 9601 and 9700, SSH connections to remote systems (includes remote password reset operations) failed if Password Manager Pro was running on an Ubuntu server. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, if RSA SecurID and Duo Security were configured as the second authentication factor in Password Manager Pro, users were unable to log into the application due to authentication error. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, when the administrator changed the default “Server Port” under Admin >> Password Manager Pro (PMP) Server and saved the settings without providing a certificate, the PMP service did not run after server restart. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, if AD user import was configured via LDAP integration with synchronization enabled, the Password Manager Pro accounts of a specific set of users in that AD domain were accidentally locked by the application when the sync schedule was run. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, while trying to transfer ownership of resources from one user to another under the “Users” tab, the action was unresponsive if the username of the current owner contained the slash symbol ( / ). This has been fixed.
Minor Bug Fixes
- In v9700, when ownership of a resource group was transferred from one administrator to another, the subsequent notification email sent to configured recipients did not display the name of the new owner. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, while configuring notifications for a specific resource group, administrators were unable to select one or more user groups as notification recipients for the following password actions—Password Expired, Password Policy Violated, Password Out Of Sync. This has been fixed.
- In v9700, users were unable to view a retrieved password if they had earlier included a percent sign ( % ) in the “Reason for Retrieval” field while raising an access request for that password. This has been fixed.
- From v9200 till v9700, when a user specified that they wanted to access the password “later” while raising an access request for a resource for which auto-approval of requests was configured, the corresponding email notification was not sent to the specified recipients. This has been fixed.
- From v9200 till v9700, if a user requested access to a resource more than once with different timeframes specified for each request’s password checkout period, only the timeframe of the first logged request was recognised for that user. As a result, all subsequent access requests raised by the user for the same resource were approved only with the already logged timeframe for password checkout. This has been fixed.
Other recent articles in the same category
6 July 2020
18 June 2020
17 June 2020
17 June 2020
16 June 2020
You may be interested in these other recent articles
29 June 2022 | Nazim Nadir
Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ is a great way to gain objective insights into application performance monitoring (APM) market and its vendors. ManageEngine Applications Manager and site24x7…Read more
18 February 2022 | Joshua Ball
Watch webinars on demand and listen to podcasts at your convenience. ManageEngine has launched their IAM and Cybersecurity on-demand events hub, a one-stop shop for on-demand webinars and podcasts. At the on-demand events hub, you’ll find: Carefully curated on-demand webinars from seven unique categories. Over 40 podcast episodes (and counting) on IAM and cybersecurity from three different podcast shows. The webinars and podcasts are regularly updated, so watch this space to ensure you don’t miss out on the latest episodes! Sign up today by clicking here. To find out more…Read more
ManageEngine positioned in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for ITSM Tools for the second consecutive year
8 September 2021 | Nigel Arnold
The 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for IT Service Management Tools is out, and ManageEngine has been included in this year’s report. This is the second…Read more