- Password Manager Pro Plugins for Chef and Puppet
Introducing new plugins for Chef and Puppet CI/CD platform, in addition to Jenkins and Ansible. Both Chef and Puppet use the Master-Slave architecture, where communication happens via an SSL-based secure encrypted channel. Dedicated external app plugins are provided for both the plugins, so that the code pulls the passwords directly from Password Manager Pro during run time, instead of storing them as plain texts within script files. This combats security threats to resources, enhances the security of passwords and eliminates the need for users to modify the code when passwords are changed. The plugins thereby improve the overall security in organisation’s DevOps pipeline and also impose consistent rotation and automatic update of the new passwords in the respective remote devices.
- Bulk Resource/Account/Resource Group Sharing
Previously, it was possible to share only a single resource, or an account, or a resource group, with user(s) or user group(s). Now, users with proper permission can share resources, accounts and resource groups, in bulk, with user(s) or user group(s).
- Access Control Enhancements
- Earlier, it was possible to set only two admins as approvers for password request under Resource Actions >> Configure Access Control >> Miscellaneous Settings. From now on, Admins can set ‘n’ number of admins (5 by default and 10 as maximum) as approvers for password request. The default approver count can be altered under General Settings.
- Admins can now configure auto-approval for different days with different time configurations (Maximum of 3 different time configurations per day), under Resource Actions >> Configure Access Control >> Auto Approval. It is possible to configure the same time for every day and also different time configurations for different days.
- New API Added
A new API to generate passwords using existing policies in Password Manager Pro is added.
Other recent articles in the same category
6 July 2020
18 June 2020
17 June 2020
17 June 2020
16 June 2020