- Password Manager Pro Plugins for Chef and Puppet
Introducing new plugins for Chef and Puppet CI/CD platform, in addition to Jenkins and Ansible. Both Chef and Puppet use the Master-Slave architecture, where communication happens via an SSL-based secure encrypted channel. Dedicated external app plugins are provided for both the plugins, so that the code pulls the passwords directly from Password Manager Pro during run time, instead of storing them as plain texts within script files. This combats security threats to resources, enhances the security of passwords and eliminates the need for users to modify the code when passwords are changed. The plugins thereby improve the overall security in organisation’s DevOps pipeline and also impose consistent rotation and automatic update of the new passwords in the respective remote devices.
- Bulk Resource/Account/Resource Group Sharing
Previously, it was possible to share only a single resource, or an account, or a resource group, with user(s) or user group(s). Now, users with proper permission can share resources, accounts and resource groups, in bulk, with user(s) or user group(s).
- Access Control Enhancements
- Earlier, it was possible to set only two admins as approvers for password request under Resource Actions >> Configure Access Control >> Miscellaneous Settings. From now on, Admins can set ‘n’ number of admins (5 by default and 10 as maximum) as approvers for password request. The default approver count can be altered under General Settings.
- Admins can now configure auto-approval for different days with different time configurations (Maximum of 3 different time configurations per day), under Resource Actions >> Configure Access Control >> Auto Approval. It is possible to configure the same time for every day and also different time configurations for different days.
- New API Added
A new API to generate passwords using existing policies in Password Manager Pro is added.
Other recent articles in the same category
6 July 2020
18 June 2020
17 June 2020
17 June 2020
16 June 2020
You may be interested in these other recent articles
29 June 2022 | Nazim Nadir
Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ is a great way to gain objective insights into application performance monitoring (APM) market and its vendors. ManageEngine Applications Manager and site24x7…Read more
18 February 2022 | Joshua Ball
Watch webinars on demand and listen to podcasts at your convenience. ManageEngine has launched their IAM and Cybersecurity on-demand events hub, a one-stop shop for on-demand webinars and podcasts. At the on-demand events hub, you’ll find: Carefully curated on-demand webinars from seven unique categories. Over 40 podcast episodes (and counting) on IAM and cybersecurity from three different podcast shows. The webinars and podcasts are regularly updated, so watch this space to ensure you don’t miss out on the latest episodes! Sign up today by clicking here. To find out more…Read more
ManageEngine positioned in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for ITSM Tools for the second consecutive year
8 September 2021 | Nigel Arnold
The 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for IT Service Management Tools is out, and ManageEngine has been included in this year’s report. This is the second…Read more