New Features and Enhancements in ServiceDesk Plus 11.005
ServiceDesk Plus Version 11005
Released on 7 November, 2019
ServiceDesk Plus Version 11.005 (11005) has introduced some helpful new features and enhancements. Read on to find out what they are and they can help.
Request Details Page Customisation
ServiceDesk Plus Version 11.005 gives you the ability to customise the ‘request details’ layout. This enables you to re-organise all fields in the right panel, as well as Resolution, Tasks, Worklogs, Approvals, Dependencies, and much more. Consequently, reading requests at a glance is now much easier.
For more details on this new feature, please visit this blog post.
Global Field and Form Rules
You are now able to create field and form rules that are common to all incident and service templates. In addition, you can modify and manage these rules via a new option in the admin section. This can prove especially helpful when handling duplicate rules over multitudes of templates.
Version 11.005 makes it possible to add a backup approver to the workflows, so when an approver is away your requests are less likely to be held up.
Other New Features/Enhancements
- From version 11.005 multiple SLAs can be set for service templates, helping you improve customer service.
- You can now send and fetch a sample email within the mail server settings, making it easier to test your configuration.
- It is possible to customise the self-service portal further with newly added themes.
- Copying and converting incident templates into service templates is now possible.
- Technicians with the SDOrgadmin role can now view the support logs, therefore enabling them to troubleshoot certain issues without going on to the application server.
Ready to update? Download the update file for ServiceDesk plus 11.005 here. Please note that this patch is only applicable for ServiceDesk Plus versions 11000 and above, so if you are on an older version you will need to follow the upgrade path.
Lastly, you can view the full release notes here.
This article is relevant to:Build ReleaseService Desk
Other recent articles in the same category
You may be interested in these other recent articles
5 May 2020
How to customise the layout of a request in ServiceDesk Plus As of ServiceDesk Plus version 11005 it is possible to customise the layout of…Read more