Firstly, configuring the agent is very simple. Navigate to Admin > Discovery > Agent Configuration. Click on configure and input your server details. You can choose to download the agent there and then.
Once set up, your agent can be deployed through Active Directory for devices in the same domain, PsExec Utility for devices in the same workgroup, or by manually downloading the agent on each machine. The agent can also be updated in the same way.
Agent status is easy to see, just click on ‘Assets’ and have a look under ‘Scan Summary:
The agent-based scanning method offers many benefits:
- Only one port is required, which can be configured under Admin -> Agent settings -> Agent Configuration -> Agent Port.
- Can perform a scan automatically on each boot.
- Minimal data transfer.
- Enables quick access to the remote machine using Remote Control.
- Provides more data on certain assets, such as dual monitors and Hyper-V, than other methods.
- Easily deployed via Active Directory.
- Dependencies over DCOM and RPC settings are eliminated.
For more information, if you need any help, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This article is relevant to:Service Desk
Other recent articles in the same category
You may be interested in these other recent articles
25 November 2023
The current build release information for ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is summarised below. Scroll down for more information. You can download the latest service packs here.…Read more
23 November 2023
Summary details of the current Build Release information for ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Cloud Edition. All upgrades are performed by the Zoho Cloud team. Should you…Read more
18 November 2023
Summary details of the current build release information for ManageEngine ADManager Plus. Scroll the above to view more release details. Download the latest service packs…Read more
16 November 2023
Summary details of the current Build Release information for ManageEngine Endpoint Central. Note: Desktop Central changing its name to Endpoint Central will not affect the…Read more